Taylor Halpern interviews Melanie Clarke, Executive Director of the Princeton Symphony Orchestra and founder of PSO’s Bravo, an educational program offering free of charge music lessons to more than 10,000 students each year. She discusses her career start in public health, her entry into the Princeton Symphony Orchestra, the development and goals of Bravo, and her current challenges and successes as PSO’s Executive Director.
- 0:21: Biggest musical influences: her family and musical background
- 5:56: Wellesley College and the Health Care Major: the Early Years
- 11:52: Music career: Princeton and PSO Bravo
- 15:20: Becoming a part of the Princeton Symphony Orchestra: Practice, practice, practice
- 20:10: Bravo’s goals, methods, and programs
- 27:10: Executive Director of PSO: the challenges and her contributions (Migration Series, Behind the Music)