Christianna Barnard talks to Wally Gunn, a Melbourne, Australia native who is now a doctoral candidate in music composition at Princeton University. Mr. Gunn is also the Program Coordinator of the Princeton Sound Kitchen.
- 0:15: His youthful experiences in punk bands and as a singer-songwriter.
- 2:16: Life at the Victorian College of the Arts, working across disciplines
- 4:53: The influence of his rock background on his compositional approaches
- 8:56: Life after graduating from the Victorian College of the Arts
- 13:39: Coming to the United States to study at the Manhattan School of Music
- 17:08: His training with Julia Wolfe
- 20:30: Coming to Princeton University
- 24:15: Mr. Gunn’s recent composition projects, particularly a big song cycle he is currently writing
- 31:49: His work as Program Coordinator of the Princeton Sound Kitchen
You can read Christianna’s reflections on this interview here.