Mary Copeley interviews Brittany Ann Montoro, Organist/Choir Director of the First United Methodist Church (Freehold, NJ), Assistant Conductor of VOICES Chorale (Hopewell, NJ), and teacher at multiple schools, including the Branchburg School of Music & Acting (Branchburg, NJ) and the Laurel School of Princeton (Princeton, NJ). Ms Montoro discusses how her college degrees influenced her as a teacher and performer, what her life is like with a prominent church job, and what she has learned outside of school that has changed how she views teaching music.
- 0:43: Family, Music Background and Education
- 4:32: Early Career: Balancing School and Work
- 7:16: Current Career
- 11:09: The Freedoms and the Limitations of working a Church Job
- 18:35: Multi-tasking: Do the multiple jobs help or hurt one another?
- 25:04: Adapting to your own rehearsal situation and becoming your own authority