Evan Rieger interviews Michael Weaver, collaborative musician, music engraver, composer, and youth director at St. Paul’s Presbyterian church. He discusses his multifaceted musical interests, performances with bands and in pit orchestras, and his work in youth ministry.
- 0:24: Early musical interests
- 2:12: Role of church music in his life
- 2:48: Decision to pursue music professionally
- 4:35: Diverse musical experiences in college
- 8:21: First gigs and work as music engraver
- 11:29: Experiences playing in bands
- 15:58: Worst gig he ever played
- 20:53: Using music to get away from formal studies
- 24:05: Youth director position, roles in music ministry
- 27:16: Passion for working with youth
- 28:29: Closing thoughts: wisdom for music students
You can read Evan’s reflections on this interview here.