Nicola Santoro interviews Myles Glancy, Tour Manager for the American Boychoir School. He reflects on his journey from studying science in undergrad to working in arts administration, the challenges of his position, and the choir’s impact on international audiences.
- 0:11: Early exposure to music, decision to pursue music in college and graduate school
- 5:40: Transition from University of Virginia to Westminster Choir College
- 8:15: Introduction to the American Boychoir School
- 12:57: Teachers who influenced him during his time at Westminster
- 16:01: Unexpected career trajectory
- 17:57: Typical day as a tour manager, typical day on tour
- 24:02: Favorite tour experiences, touring Korea and France
- 28:19: Reception of the choir in different countries
- 32:15: Boychoir film, challenges associated with filming
- 36:49: Keeping up with his own musical pursuits
- 40:50: Longterm goals, desire to perform and work in arts administration
You can read Nicola’s reflection on this interview here.