Jessica Stanislawcyzk interviews Rebecca Pennington, Administrative Director of The New School for Music Study. Rebecca discusses her background in piano pedagogy, longstanding relationship with the New School, and her hopes for the impact of music education on her students and the community.
- 0:07: Early piano training, desire to teach
- 2:25: Undergraduate education, choral and orchestral experiences
- 5:25: Graduate study in piano performance
- 6:42: Shifting role at the New School for Music Study
- 8:22: History of the New School, teaching philosophy
- 13:20: Impact of piano study on students
- 15:45: Impact of the New School on Princeton and Kingston communities
- 20:34: Difference between the musical communities she has experienced
- 22:37: Hopes for future growth of the New School
You can read Jessica’s reflection on this interview here.