Phil LeFevre talks to Robert Taub, concert pianist, recording artist, and music technology entrepreneur. He discusses his training at Julliard and Princeton University, performance career, and current role in the field of music software and technology.
- 0:19: First musical memory and early training
- 1:45: Decision to pursue musical performance as career, college education at Julliard and Princeton University
- 4:37: Evolution of his artistic identity
- 7:37: His connection with the works of Beethoven, residency at Institute for Advanced Studies
- 11:50: Writings on Beethoven’s Sonatas
- 13:10: Early experiences performing the music of living composers
- 16:14: Relationship with Milton Babbitt
- 18:43: Understanding music as a continuum
- 20:33: Education at Princeton University and life in the town of Princeton
- 26:00: Entrepreneurial work with music software and technology
- 32:30: Current piano playing, shift towards full-time entrepreneurial work
- 33:35: The future of classical music
You can read Phil’s reflections on this interview here.