Alan Schlichting interviews Tom Cunningham, Westminster Choir College graduate and conductor currently working in New York City. Tom discusses his goals for community engagement through music, his shift from interest in singing opera to conducting, and the musical ensembles with which he currently works.
- 0:16: Introduction to the musical scene of Princeton
- 1:38: Shift in interest from singing to conducting
- 3:05: Becoming involved with Princeton Festival
- 4:25: Working at the Princeton Festival
- 6:30: Role of the Festival in the community
- 7:52: Involvement with Opera Slavica
- 8:29: Impact of Westminster education on his conducting
- 10:50: Engaging communities through Urban Playground chamber orchestra
- 13:02: Participating in Princeton’s musical community as audience member
- 14:40: Changing communities through music
- 17:46: Favorite memory: starting student choir at Westminster
You can read Alan’s reflections on this interview here.